- Thomas Jefferson Elementary School
Transportation information for 2019-20 school year
Free Bus Service Information
Your child is entitled to school bus transportation for the 2019-20 school year at no charge if you are a resident of School District 15 and live 1-1/2 miles or more from the assigned school he or she will attend, or who live in an area declared to be hazardous as determined by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Students who qualify for free bus service and have registered for the 2019-20 school year using Infinite Campus (Campus Parent) by July 1 will be given a school bus assignment on July 25. Parents can view their child's bus assignment by logging into Campus Parent at 5 p.m. on this date. Any student who registers after July 1 is not guaranteed a bus assignment by July 25.
Parents of students who qualify for free bus service are able to request changes to their child's bus route between July 25 and Aug. 1. Please do not call your child's school with bus route change requests. A change request Google Form will be shared with parents through Campus Parent and email on July 25. This form must be filled out for a bus route change consideration to be made. Any changes that we are able to accommodate will be visible on Campus Parent by Aug. 9.
Any bus change requests made after Aug. 1 will not be routed until Sept. 3.
The Board of Education makes transportation available to students who DO NOT QUALIFY for free bus transportation on a paid basis and accepts riders to the extent that transportation services are available.
Requesting paid transportation
If you would like to request paid transportation for your child, please complete the application (English/Spanish) by July 1 and submit it with your payment receipt to email@example.com in Transportation Services. You must also register your child for school using Campus Parent.
Paid transportation payments can be made by cash, check or credit card, or by using our online payment system. The online payment system link provides more detail on how to submit your application and receipt.
Paid riders who have submitted an application and payment by July 1 will be notified of placement on Aug. 9. If forms are submitted after July 1, bus placement response is not guaranteed until Sept. 3.
Paid transportation/ridership fees
Before Oct. 1:
- One student: $370
- Two students: $470
- Three or more students: $520
After Oct. 1:
- One student: $420
- Two students: $520
- Three or more students: $570
Please note that submission of payment does not guarantee placement on a bus. In the event we cannot offer your child(ren) a place on the school bus, your payment will be refunded within 30 days.
Paid riders may not request changes to their assigned bus routes until Sept. 3. Changes we are able to accommodate will be made within 3-5 business/school days.
If you are unsure if your child qualifies for free transportation, please call the Transportation Department for more information at (847) 963-3900.
Important transportation dates:
- July 1: Last date to submit paperwork & payment for paid riders to be notified of placement by Aug. 9.
- July 25: Free riders notified of bus route through Campus Parent.
- July 25-Aug. 1: Free riders can request bus route changes through Google Form (will be shared July 25 through Campus Parent and email).
- Aug. 9: Free rider change requests approved or denied. Changes visible on Campus Parent. Paid riders notified of bus placement through Campus Parent.
- Sept. 3: Free ridership change requests made after Aug. 1 will take effect (if approved). Paid ridership change requests accepted (through Google Form, available on Campus Parent beginning Sept. 3).