Return-to-Learn, Reconnect, and Re-engage Plan
While the planning and preparations to meet the state’s guidelines are challenging, we are so grateful to have the opportunity to reopen our schools. Thank you for your ongoing support through this pandemic. You have my commitment that our 2021-22 Return-to-Learn, Reconnect, and Re-engage Plan will place the safety of staff and students at the forefront of our planning efforts.
Please read our latest D15 eNews for the most recent Return-to-Learn and COVID update information.
—Dr. Laurie Heinz, Superintendent
Return to Learn, Reconnect, and Re-Engage Plan 2021-22
D15 COVID-19 Dashboard:
District 15 has updated its COVID-19 Dashboard! Please visit the COVID-19 Dashboard on our Health Services website.
- Additional emphasis on the importance of offering in-person learning, regardless of whether all of the prevention strategies can be implemented in a school.
- Revised definition of close contacts to guide quarantine procedure.
- Alignment with State of Illinois Executive Order 2021-18 on required universal indoor masking in P-12 schools for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status.
- ISBE shared the latest version of its Revised Public Health Guidance for Schools (8/9/2021)
- Governor JB Pritzker announced an Executive Order that supports safe in-person learning and requires that masks be worn indoors by all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to K-12 schools, regardless of vaccination status. (8/4/2021)
- The State of Illinois has adopted the CDC’s updated guidance regarding COVID-19 prevention in K-12 schools for all public and nonpublic schools in Illinois. (8/2/2021)
- State of Illinois Announces Face Coverings Now Required in All State Facilities, Regardless of Vaccination Status (7/30/2021)
- The Cook County Department of Public Health (CCPH) updated its guidance (7/28/2021)
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated the guidance for fully vaccinated people (7/27/2021)
- IDPH School Guidance updated its FAQ (7/26/2021)
- The Cook County Department of Public Health (CCPH) shared guidance (7/23/2021)
- The National Association of School Nurses (NASN) shared a statement supporting AAP's guidance (7/21/2021)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) releases guidance (7/9/2021)