CCSD15 Parent Universities are a series of learning opportunities for parents to engage with—on demand, and monthly. Topics will be delivered by newsletter, on the CCSD15 Parent University page.
Parents will also be able to access past Parent Universities on their time. These newsletters will include topic delivery in a variety of formats; video, links, and more. Spanish version linked, with translated videos available.
Have You Seen the Latest Parent University?
The Department of Teaching and Learning hosted its first Parent University on September 29, 2022, via Facebook Live! We shared information about Curriculum and Report Card Updates K-8, including:
Sharing out why shifting instructional approaches is important and needed
The Portrait of a Graduate of District 15
Curricular resources adopted for K-8 literacy, K-5 math, and 6-8 science
District homework guidance
Grading and report card updates for 22-23
If you were unable to attend the live session, you can view the session recording here.
Watch for upcoming Parent University offerings from Teaching and Learning:
October 19, 2022 - Understanding and Responding to Your Child’s Report Card
November 15, 2022 - A Parent’s Guide to PBIS: Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
December TBD - Hour of Code: Celebrating Computer Science
Parent University Archives
Parent University will be a running resource for you to access at any time.
To see past Parent Universities, click the date/topic link below:
- September 2022 – Curriculum and Report Card Updates K-8
- April 2022 – Mindsets Towards Math
- March 2022 – Digital Citizenship
- February 2022 – Registration for the 2022-23 School Year
- December 2021 – Computer Science Education Week 2021
- November 2021 – Cultural Linguistic Responsiveness Teaching
- May 2021 – Keep the Learning Going!
- April 2021 – Community Partnerships and Resources
- March 2021 – Helping Your Student Cope with Powerful Feelings
- February 2021 – Registration Information
- January 2021 – World Read Aloud Day
- December 2020 – Hour of Code
- November 2020 – Resources for Learning At Home-- New Tech Tools!
- October 2020 – Students Remaining in Remote Learning, or Students In a Time of Transition
- September 2020 – Digital Citizenship
- August 2020 – Remote Learning Resources