About Innovation & Instructional Technology
Welcome to the Department of Innovation and Instructional Technology
The Department of Instructional Technology and Innovation is committed to providing District 15 educators with digital tools, knowledge, and resources for positively impacting student learning. The department collaborates with the Departments of Instruction, District Improvement, and Technology in order to grow innovative instructional practices that engage students with a focus on creativity, collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and global citizenship. Our team helps educators utilize digital resources for the following purposes:
- Personalized learning
- Engagement and exploration
- Access to information and experiences beyond the classroom walls
- Data-informed instruction
- Future readiness
District 15 is fully 1:1 in Kindergarten through Eighth grade. Families who lack reliable internet connectivity receive an internet hotspot.
- 7th and 8th grade will use their assigned Chromebooks.
- 4th, 5th, and 6th grade will receive a new Chromebook and case at the start of the school year.
- 2nd and 3rd grade will receive a non-touch screen Chromebook.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade will receive a touch-screen Chromebook.
- All students will receive an email address in order to facilitate communication and provide single sign on access to digital resources.
- Kindergarten through 3rd grade students will receive a Clever badge for signing into their Chromebook.
- A set of helpful set of parent tutorials are available here.
In addition to any online curricular resources, teachers may use the following digital resources to dynamically engage students:
- Google Classroom and Seesaw to assign and manage classroom activities and communications;
- G Suite for communication, collaboration, creation, and organization;
- Parlay to foster rich discussions;
- WeVideo to deliver video messages and instruction (teachers) and creatively demonstrate learning (students);
- Google Meet may be used for live virtual meetings and discussions;
- Additional Tools to support student learning and engagement (ie: Flipgrid and Padlet)