Office Hours: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Phone #: 847-963-5200
Fax #: 847-963-5206
Absence #: 847-963-5201
Health Office: 847-963-5202
Gr 1-6—8:45 a.m.–3:25 p.m.
AM K—8:45–11:20 a.m.
PM K—12:50–3:25 p.m.
Lunch—11:50 a.m.–12:50 p.m.
Gr 1-6—8:45 a.m.–2:35 p.m.
AM K—8:45–10:55 a.m.
PM K—12:25–2:35 p.m.
Lunch—11:50 a.m.–12:50 p.m.
Principal: Natalie Milo-Nicolasin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal: Michelle LaCamera, email@example.com
Interim Assistant Principal: Cindy Gotha, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Karen Evans
Clerical Assistant: Tricia Snell
Nurse: Lidia Aleman
Head Custodian: Jerry Cazares
Arrival/Departure Procedures: Students should arrive no earlier than 8:30 a.m. as supervision prior to that time is not provided. The first bell rings at 8:30 a.m. indicating the building is open and students may enter, going to their assigned area. Walkers should adjust their travel time accordingly. If you drive your child(ren) to school, please use the front circle or School Street for drop-off. Students are to enter the building and go to their assigned area when they arrive between 8:30 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. No child should be on campus before 8:30 a.m. The side parking lot (next to Jewel Osco) is reserved for buses and staff parking, but visitors may utilize this lot during the school day. Please do not to drop off students in this area. Students who arrive late (after 8:50 a.m.) must enter through the front door.
Families who plan to use the semicircle drive in front of the building should observe the following procedures to ensure its most effective usage:
Kimball Hill Bells:
1st Bell: 8:30 a.m. - indicates the building is open. All students enter the building and go to breakfast or go to their assigned area. Students may not go to their lockers during this time.
2nd Bell: 8:45 a.m. - indicates teachers open classroom doors, students may go to lockers and transition into their classrooms to begin the instructional day. At this time, all exterior doors are locked except for the main entrance.
3rd Bell: 8:50 a.m. - Tardy Bell - indicates instruction has begun and students entering the building after the third bell are tardy and must get a tardy slip from the office.
- During AM drop off times, the front parking lot is closed. We encourage all families to utilize our drop off procedure rather than “the park and walk in” method. Our drop off method is designed to build independence and confidence of our students, provide a safe experience and is the most efficient method for the high volume of vehicles dropping off students. The lot is for staff parking only. If you need to park and come inside, please park at the Jewel Osco or wait until after 8:50 a.m.
- All vehicles should enter at the north end of the circle drive and exit at the south end. There will be one lane of traffic.
- Pull up as far as possible toward the stop sign to let out your child. Each child should get out of the car on the curb side. Parents should not get out of their cars as this will prevent the line from flowing. Staff will be out front to help students get out of their cars and into the building each morning.
- Both A.M. and P.M. Kindergarten will be dropped off at the front of the building, as well. Staff will be there to receive these students and help them get to their classroom.
- If you are dropping off your child for the C.A.R.E. program and arrive after 8:30 a.m., please park in the parking lot—NOT the circle drive—and use the crosswalk to bring your child into the building.
- All vehicles should enter at the north end of the circle drive and exit at the south end.
- Parents not in a parking spot should keep moving in a circular manner until they see their child(ren), or find a parking spot
- Do not double park.
- *CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CROSS BETWEEN CARS*
- To avoid a bottleneck, please consider parking along School Street. Children can then walk to the car. The residential side of School Street is a public street- all traffic laws do apply. Please be aware of blocking the driveways of private homes- this is prohibited. Families who have followed this suggestion have been pleased. They have simply set a predetermined area for their child(ren) to walk to each day. Congestion around the building has been avoided, and a safer environment has been created for all children. No vehicles are to be parked and left unattended in the semicircle drive or on School Street. The Rolling Meadows Police Department will enforce parking regulations strictly. Parents are urged to adhere to them.
We ask parents to follow our school rules for parking and to be respectful to staff on duty who are watching out for the safety of all children.
Walking to School/Crossing Guards: If your child walks to school, we have adult crossing guards that are provided by the Rolling Meadows Police Department. Please take advantage of these services at the following locations:
- Kirchoff and Meadow
- School Street and Meadow
- Campbell and Meadow