Comprehensive Mental Health and Social / Emotional Learning
The Department of Educational Services includes a comprehensive system of support for student social, emotional, and behavioral well-being in all District 15 buildings. This system is led by the Director of Comprehensive Student Mental Health and two Social and Emotional Coordinators, and includes a cross-departmental effort.
The main features of this support system includes the training and use of social and emotional learning curriculum, school-based positive behavior support for students, bully prevention and response procedures, and restorative and trauma informed practices. Direct support to improve classroom- or school-level student wellness or positive behavior is also provided to school or grade level teams. Tiered intervention offerings are provided to support student needs.
- Comprehensive systems of supports for student social, emotional, and behavioral services include:
- Social and emotional learning curriculum
- Positive behavior supports
- Bully prevention and response
- Restorative practices
- Trauma informed practices
- Tiered intervention offerings
- Mental Health, Depression, and Suicide Prevention Awareness