Comprehensive Mental Health and Social / Emotional Learning
The Department of District Improvement and Data includes a comprehensive system of support for student social, emotional, and behavioral wellbeing in all District 15 buildings. This system is led by the Director of Comprehensive Student Mental Health and two Social and Emotional Coordinators, and includes a cross-departmental effort.
The main features of this support system includes the training and use of social and emotional learning curriculum, school-based positive behavior support for students, bully prevention and response procedures, and restorative and trauma informed practices. Direct support to improve classroom- or school-level student wellness or positive behavior is also provided to school or grade level teams. Tiered intervention offerings are provided to support student needs.
- Comprehensive systems of supports for student social, emotional, and behavioral services include:
- Social and emotional learning curriculum
- Positive behavior supports
- Bully prevention and response
- Restorative practices
- Trauma informed practices
- Tiered intervention offerings
- Erin's Law (Personal Safety)
- Depression Awareness