District Improvement and Professional Learning
District Improvement includes the coordination of staff professional learning, the implementation of a systematic school and district improvement approach, the collection and use of student data, and the direct coaching for school leaders and improvement teams to support their use of school improvement processes.
Additional supports in this area also include the oversight of the District’s gifted and talented program and the student accelerated placement and early entrance to Kindergarten and First Grade processes. The Educational Services Department also assists each school as the school team considers and evaluates parent requests for a student to be retained or "held back" a grade.
Examples of this area include:
- Supporting the District’s strategic planning process
- Assisting schools implement the District’s school improvement process
- Aligning district professional learning
- Coordinating State and District assessments
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- Developing tools to assist schools with the productive use of assessment information
- Managing the District’s screening and selection process for the District’s Academically Talented and Gifted Program
- Accelerated Placement, Early Entrance, and Whole-Grade Acceleration
- Assessments / Standardized Testing / 5 Essentials
- Illinois Report Cards