Hunting Ridge Elementary PTA
The Hunting Ridge Elementary PTA works in partnership with school administration, staff, families/households and the broader community to promote educational success, health, and well-being through strong family/household and community engagement. This is done through a variety of committees, projects and programs.
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for ALL children.
Every child’s potential is a reality.
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
PTA is the oldest and largest child advocacy association in America. Today’s PTA is comprised of more than 4 million parents, teachers, grandparents, caregivers, foster parents and other caring adults who share a commitment to improving the education, health, and safety of all children. We speak with one voice for every child.
Today, the issues that affect our children extend beyond their individual schools. The PTA’s nationwide network provides parents with the forum and tools to collectively influence the decisions that affect children not only at their schools, but also throughout their districts, within their states, and across the nation. This mission is unique to PTA.
Many of the benefits our children receive today, such as universal kindergarten, the National School Lunch Program, and a juvenile justice system, were accomplished as a result of the PTA mission.
With PTA, families also have access to important benefits, including:
- Dozens of national programs, experts, and turnkey resources
- Regular updates and advice in the form of e-newsletters, PTA.org, Our Children magazine, Notes from the Backpack podcast, and a robust Local PTA Leader Kit of resources
- Leadership development through webinars and e-learning courses
- Millions of dollars in grants to help build PTA capacity and skills
- Legislative and Advocacy resources
- Family Resources and Member Discounts from national retailers and other PTA partners
- Invitations to PTA conventions as well as our various events.
- Support services and staff to help establish and manage your PTA
The Northwest Suburban Council (NWSC) promotes communications and cooperation among the local units. The NWSC works with District 15 and the units to support parent involvement both at home and in the schools.
The Council provides local units with State and National PTA programs and gives volunteers opportunities to develop as leaders in their schools and community. Web
Northwest Cook Region (formerly District 37) of the Illinois PTA is that part of Cook County outside the city limits of Chicago which encompasses Elk Grove, Palatine, Schaumburg, Wheeling, and Barrington Townships, plus that part of Lake County, which lies within the Barrington Elementary School District. Web
The Illinois PTA was founded on May 30, 1900, and has since worked diligently to support public schools and to ensure that all children and youth have equal opportunities and access to a quality education.
We are a state-wide volunteer organization dedicated solely to the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, and community. Web
National PTA® comprises millions of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of family engagement in schools.
PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who supports the PTA mission and wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth. Web