How to Apply for a Substitute License
How to Apply for a License
To Set up an ELIS account:
- Go to www.isbe.net and click on the Teachers link at the top
- Click on the Log in to ELIS link in the center of the page
- Click on the Login to ELIS Account link found in the Educator Access section
- On the right you'll see, CLICK HERE FOR FIRST TIME ACCESS TO THE ELIS SYSTEM, click that link
- Enter the information required on the Educators Account Sign Up page. You will need to
- choose a login Name, Password and Secret (security) Question/Answer. Write down this information as you will need it the next time you log back into your ELIS account.
- Click Continue, verify the information, and click Submit. Your account is not set up with your Login and Password. Click Continue to get to your home page.
*Click on Teachers at top of page, click on Educator Licensure, under Licensure click Application. Look at the application process and select Substitute Application.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Valid for substitute teaching in all grades of the public schools, prekindergarten through grade 12
There is a $50 fee which will be assessed electronically when the application is submitted (please have a credit card available)
To expedite your application, send an official* transcript to:
NCISC Educator Licensure
1001 E. Touhy Ave. Suite 200
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Phone: 847-824-8300 Fax:847-824-1033 or email transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: To be official, transcripts must be submitted in the sealed envelope from the college or university or be sent directly by the institution. Transcripts received that are not in a sealed envelope from the university or sent directly from the university will be considered unofficial and cannot be used for evaluation purposes.
Once your license has been issued, please log into your ELIS account and pay the applicable registration fees.
You will need to register your license in North Cook 05. The license is not valid for employment until these fees are paid and it is registered.