Special Education Parents Accessing Resources and Knowledge
Welcome Parents to SPARK!
SPARK meetings are designed to give parents information to help them in their current and future steps of the journey of parenting children with unique needs. As parents, we guide and make decisions for our children and their development. The task can be overwhelming and we want nothing more than to be as informed as we can be when we set the course we believe our child should take. The SPARK committee and District 15 are grateful to have you and desire to serve you such that your journey is successful!
At SPARK we realize the importance of providing:
- Relevant programs and resources related to special education
- Opportunities to network, receive support and help
- Connections for parents with outside sources
The above are primarily accomplished at the district level through evening programs with outside speakers. We have SPARK representatives at each school who are a local contact and resource to the individual schools. We also have an online support group. If you would like to subscribe to this group, send a request to https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688046171274344/.
SPARK will be meeting monthly on Mondays from 7-8:30 pm for the 2023-24 school year. Please download our flyer for the meeting dates and topics. Our meetings will take place virtually. Please join our Facebook group referenced above for the most up-to-date information on meeting locations, virtual links, and other changes.
SPARK is sub-committee of a Northwest Suburban Council of PTA/PTSA. NWSC PTA/PTSA serves all PTAs in CCSD15, providing leadership development, PTA resources & programs for students and families of CCSD15. SPARK is proud to serve children with disabilities in Community Consolidated School District 15 and beyond.
SPARK Program Calendar 2023-2024 School Year
Mark Your Calendar!
- September 25, 2023 - Is it Sensory or Is it Behavior?
- October 23, 2023 - Gestalt Language Processing
- November 27, 2023 - Anxiety in Children & Adolescents
- January 22, 2024 - ADHD and Executive Function Skills: Making the Connection
- February 26, 2024 - 504 vs IEP?
- March 18, 2024 - Summer Fun & Other Recreational Opportunities
- April 22, 2024 - Masking in Autism
All meetings are held virtually from 7-8:30 p.m.