School Meal Procedures
All students have a meal account and P.I.N. (personal identification number). The P.I.N. number is the student’s 6-digit district ID number. If your student was using a P.I.N. last year, that number will not change. These numbers are given to students on the first day of school. Each student inputs their number on a keypad at the end of the serving line and their meal account is automatically debited. Students are able to purchase á la carte items using cash or their meal account. Meal accounts can not go negative when purchasing any a la carte items (including extra milk or second meals). Spending limits can be set by contacting the nutrition services coordinator at your student’s school. You can also choose to not allow any á la carte or second meal purchases for your student. Unless we are notified, a student may use their account to purchase breakfast (if applicable), lunch, and/or á la carte.
All meal payments must be made in advance. Payments can be made with cash, check or by using SchoolCafé.
If paying by cash or check:
- The first payment of the school year should be mailed to your child’s school prior to the first day. Please mark the outside of the envelope “School Meals.” DO NOT send payments to the District office.
- Send payments – cash and/or check – to your student’s school in an envelope marked “School Meals.”
- Include student’s first and last name on both the check and envelope.
- Please make checks payable to “CCSD15 School Nutrition Services.”
- Check and cash payments may be made any day before 9:00 a.m.
- If you are paying for more than one student at the same school, please designate the amount for each child.
- Please be advised that there is a $25 fee for all returned and N.S.F. checks.
If paying by credit card, please visit SchoolCafé for more information.
For more information or assistance, please call School Nutrition Services at (847) 963-3928.