CCSD15 Code of Conduct Contract
In District 15, we believe that extracurricular activities are an important part of a student's total academic experience and encourage participation. All students are expected to make a commitment to academic success their first priority. The purpose of this contract is to outline the expectations and responsibilities of students participating in extracurricular activities. Participation in D15 extracurricular programs is a privilege. Student athletes participating in the program should maintain an awareness that they are representing not just the school, but their families and community as well.
To participate in extracurricular athletic activities, the guidelines listed below should be followed:
- I will be current with all required coursework and maintain passing grades.
- I will actively display Good Sportsmanship and follow PBIS guidelines throughout the school day, at practices, and at events.
- I will attend all practices unless excused by the coach.
- I will have a current physical on file with the school nurse prior to the first day of tryouts. It is the students' and families' responsibility to check with the school nurse prior to tryouts to make sure the student's physical is on file and up to date.
- I will dress appropriately on all event days as explained by the coach.
- I will respect and follow all directions from the coach, referee, or other supervisors.
- I understand that school attendance is mandatory for at least half the school day on the date of competition or practice. This includes absences due to a doctor's appointment. If I am absent as the result of illness, I understand that I cannot participate. Exceptions are made when attending a funeral.
- To ensure my safety, I understand that if I am unable to participate in Physical Education coursework, then I am also unable to participate in extra-curricular activities that include any physical movement.
- I understand that failure to meet these obligations will result in consequences ranging from student conferences to removal from practices, or removal from the team.
I agree to participate in extra-curricular activities with adherence to the CCSD15 Code of Conduct.