Our committes are always actively working to help foster the best possible environment and experiences for our students and faculty at Winston Campus Elementary - and we are SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE!
If you are interested in participating, we would love to have you! Of course, joining and becoming a PTA member is fantastic - but we love volunteers just as much! For current and future volunteer opportunities, please contact us, or download and fill in the sheet (in English or Spanish) and return it to your child's teacher.
We are always looking for volunteers for the following events:
- Baker - Provide baked goods for one or two school functions
- Beautification Committee - Help once a month for an hour during warm weather months to improve the appearance of our school building. Taks include planting, weeding, plant collection/donation in fall, picking up trash around the school, and general grounds improvement projects.
- Birthday Book Club - Assist in book distribution during lunch periods once a month, Assist in paperback book exchange once a month
- Book Fair - Spring Book Fair
- Copier - Make copies for teachers
- Everybody Counts - (PTA) Promote awareness and understanding of children with disabilities. Assemble materials, do classroom presentations. Training provided; no special background necessary.
- Field Day - Parent volunteers assist teachers with this event held at the end of the school year. Students in 1st – 6th participate in relays and games.
- Multicultural Fair (NEW!!) - (PTA) Help organize Multicultural Fair on February 3rd. Volunteers needed for many jobs including obtaining donations for gift baskets, assembling gift baskets, and assisting with concessions/games at the fair.
- Hospitality - (PTA) Assist with various activities during the school year.
- International Walk to School Day - Assist with handing out stickers to WCE students walking to school In early October.
- Make-A-Difference Service Club - (PTA) Help facilitate this club which teaches 3rd-6th graders about hands-on volunteering
- Picture Day - Help organize students for their school pictures in the fall.
- Rec Night (PTA) - Assist with organizing parents/kids in an hour long evening of games and activites
- Reflections (PTA) - Encourage creative expression through visual arts, music, literature and photography. Volunteers needed to: present program to K-4th grade classrooms in October; staff an information table during lunchtime for 5th-6th graders in October; help with party during lunchtime after the completion of the program; display projects
- Resource Center - Help in the resource center (WCE library) during school hours.
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation (PTA) - Help with welcome back lunch in August, teacher appreciation week in May, and year end gifts for nurses, secretaries, custodial staff, and crossing guards.
- Vision and Hearing Screening - Help organize students in October for their vision/hearing testing.
- Yearbook Picture Takers - Help an hour or two a month to take digital photos at school, school events or after school events to help document the year for the yearbook. You need not be a professional photographer!