Substitute Program Staff
C.A.R.E. Before- and After-School Substitute Program Staff
Must be willing to travel to and work at a variety of locations (as needed).
Before-School available shifts:
- 7 a.m.–8:00 a.m.
- 7 a.m.–8:45 a.m.
After-School available shifts:
- 2:15 p.m.–6 p.m. Monday–Thursday
& 1:15 p.m.–6 p.m. Fridays
- 3:15 p.m.–6 p.m. Monday–Thursday
& 2:30 p.m.–6 p.m. Fridays
Full-time, part-time, or as needed, 15-23 hours per week.
Hours are not available when school is not in session over the summer and on days when school is not in session.
PAY: $12-14 per hour depending on experience.
- A desire to work with school age children.
- Able to demonstrate strong customer service skills to effectively communicate with children and adults.
- Minimum age of 17.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Should be enthusiastic and energetic.
NATURE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the C.A.R.E. Site Director, the program leader is responsible for helping to plan, organize, implement, and supervise the C.A.R.E. program at the school site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Interact with and supervise children participating in the before and after school program.
- Plan and implement a variety of age appropriate recreational and enrichment activities.
- Lead group activities.
- Build strong relationship with children and parents.
- Maintain a positive attitude and perform duties as a positive adult role model.
- Assist with the set-up and clean up after each activity, game or craft.
- Prepare and serve snacks, as required, and assist the participants in cleaning up after snack.
- Demonstrate the ability to care about and give attention to participant’s needs.