Student Achievement Report
The Board of Education heard the Annual Student Achievement Report from the Department of Instruction during its Jan. 8, 2020, meeting.
This year’s achievement report provides information that highlights outcomes for students in District 15. The report is directly aligned the Illinois accountability system, the Every Student Succeeds (ESSA) Act, which emphasizes a holistic understanding of student performance beyond test scores.
The following was highlighted:
- Student achievement and growth on the IL State Achievement Tests
- District impact on multiple indicators including English Learner growth, Attendance, and School Climate
- Progress towards closing the achievement gap
- Equitable access to D15 programs and services
- Goals connected to the D15 strategic plan