03.21.2019 Meeting - Dual Language Parent Advisory Committee Notes
Meeting: Dual Language Parent Advisory Committee
Date: March 21, 2019
Time: 9:00-10:00 AM
Location: Jane Addams Elementary
Presenter(s): Angelica Brifcani, Assistant Director of Second Language Programs
Next Meeting: May 13, 2019 from 9:00-10:00 AM at Winston Campus Elementary
- Take a look at our new logo on the Dual Language district website!
- We are looking to see if there are any upcoming dates that the library will be hosting that would support our native Spanish and native English speakers this year.
- Parents note that they are seeing success with the 100 Book Challenge books that are being sent home in English and Spanish.
- Raz-Kids is being worked on at home by the students. This is an online guided reading program with interactive ebooks. This program will also be accessible over the summer.
- For summer months the department will be compiling resources for students to access.
- Additional books are being purchased for the two site campus libraries that will support the biliterate and bicultural components of the DL programming.
- Exploring future cultural night ideas for next year such as Día de Los Muertos for the fall. We are also looking into collaboration opportunities for these events with our Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee.
- Our Dual Language Website has been updated with additional resources for student to utilize at home. You can find these under the Second Language Programs, Two-Way (Spanish) Dual Language Program then click on DL Student Online Resources.