Student Meal Program Fees
Student Breakfast and Lunch Programs
A reasonably priced school lunch program is available at all 20 schools. Breakfast also is offered at many schools. Meals are prepared and packaged in individual servings in a central kitchen and delivered daily to the elementary schools. School Nutrition Services staff at the junior highs prepare food on-site daily. Each meal is nutritious and well-balanced, and menus are determined based on student preferences. Several choices are available each day. A monthly menu can be found online. Breakfast and lunch may be purchased by the day, week, month, semester, or year.
Breakfast and Lunch Costs
2021-22 School Year
- Breakfast—$1.30 per meal, includes milk
- Lunch (elementary)—$2.60 per meal, includes milk
- Lunch (junior high)—$2.70 per meal, includes milk
- Milk—45 cents per carton
Milk is available for sale to children who bring a lunch from home. All purchased meals include milk.
Free and reduced-price meals are available to children whose families are unable to pay full price. Free and reduced-price application forms are available online and are also available at the schools. More information about the free and reduced-price meals program is available on the School Nutrition Services webpage.
SchoolCafé allows parents to pay for school meals and monitor student account balances, transactions, and request low balance notification online.
- Stay informed about your student's lunch account activity.
- Be notified on your phone when your student's account is low.
- Make secure payments with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card. (NOTE: At this time, we are not utilizing the meal payment portion since meals are free this upcoming school year.)
- Store your credit/debit card for quick and easy repeat use.
- Schedule deposits to occur in any frequency you choose.
SchoolCafé allows for access from the web or any mobile device.
- The SchoolCafé website uses the most up-to-date security available. The online payment plan is an enhancement to the district’s existing pre-pay meal program. Cash or checks will still be accepted.
- The SchoolCafé apps for both iOS and Android are now available for download. They're free to install and they make your favorite features even easier to use. Download the SchoolCafé app today on the AppStore or Google Play.
View the SchoolCafé Quick Card for instructions on setting up your account, adding students, making payments, and setting up low balance alerts. Parents may also apply for Free & Reduced Meals through SchoolCafé.
For answers to frequently asked questions, and to get the most up-to-date help with this or any other information not covered here, please visit https://www.schoolcafe.com and select FAQs, or contact D15 School Nutrition Services at 847-963-3928.