Free Riders—Your child is entitled to bus transportation at no charge if you are a resident of District 15 and live more than 1-1/2 miles from the District-assigned school he or she will attend, or in an area declared to be hazardous as determined by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
- July 25, 2019 - Bus route information will be communicated to free riders through Campus Parent.
- July 25 - August 1, 2019 - Free riders may submit a bus route change request through this online change request form. No change requests will be honored if they are not submitted electronically through the online form.
- August 9, 2019 - Free rider bus route change requests are approved or denied, and the bus placement updated in Campus Parent.
- September 3, 2019 - Any free rider bus route change requests that were submitted after August 1 and approved by Transportation will take effect on this date.
Pay Riders—State funding is not provided for students living within 1.5 miles of their schools. These students may ride the bus for a fee determined annually by the Board of Education provided that space is available and a route already exists. (No stops will be made less than one-half mile from the school building.) An Application for Paid Transportation (English / Spanish) is available for download or at each school. Please submit a separate application for each student for whom you choose paid transportation. Payments may be made by cash, check, or credit card, or can be paid online using RevTrak, D15's Web Store, at ccsd15.revtrak.net. Unless you are new to the District or are leaving the District, the fee cannot be pro-rated, waived, or refunded. Specific payment instructions are found on the Application for Paid Transportation.
- July 1, 2019 (extended to July 3, 2019) - Paid rider Application for Paid Transportation (English / Spanish) & payment must be received by D15 in order to secure bus placement notification prior to start of school year.
- August 9, 2019 - Paid rider route placement updated in Campus Parent.
- After August 9, 2019 - Paid riders may submit a bus route change request through this online form.
- September 3, 2019 - Any paid rider bus route change requests that were submitted after August 9 and approved by Transportation will take effect on this date, and updated in Campus Parent. Also, any new paid rider requests submitted after July 3 will be notified of placement in Campus Parent on this date.
Transportation fees for 2019-20 are:
- $370 - one child
- $470 - two children
- $520 - three or more children
Payment in full, or proof of purchase (Web Store receipt) must accompany a completed Application for Paid Transportation (English / Spanish) and must be received to avoid a service charge. Unless you are new to the District or are leaving the District, the annual transportation fee cannot be prorated, waived, or refunded. The first day of school for the 2019-20 school year is Wednesday, August 14, 2019.
If there is no space available, your payment will be refunded.
Questions regarding pay riders should be directed to Business Services, 847-963-3023.
General questions regarding transportation should be directed to Transportation Services, 847-963-3900.
Activity Buses—Activity buses are available to junior high students after school and on a limited basis before school. Students who are involved in after-school clubs, sports, and activities may ride the after-school activity bus. These activity buses do not run the day before a school holiday. There is no charge for the activity bus.
Field Trips—Most of the district's field trips are taken on School District 15 buses.
Routes and Stops—Scheduled bus routes and stops are assigned to accommodate the most centrally located population. Generally, buses do not stop at more than every other block (corner). As bus stop times are a general guide, students are expected to be at their bus stop five minutes before the scheduled pickup time. Heavy traffic or inclement weather can prevent drivers from maintaining the scheduled stop times. Students are encouraged to wait until the bus arrives.
Special Education Transportation—Although most special education students attend a District 15 school, we provide bus transportation to other schools in the north and northwest suburban area. The transportation and special services directors jointly coordinate special education bus routes. Because most special education students are picked up at “house” stops, parents are requested to call the transportation office (847-963-3909) if a student is not attending school, or you can leave a message on our absence recorder (847-963-3801). The transportation office opens at 5:30 a.m.