Student Meal Account Information

  • Unpaid Meal Charges Procedures

    Negative Balance Procedure

    If a student has a negative balance in their meal account, a negative balance reminder will be emailed or mailed home. We ask that when the negative balance reminder is received, that money is sent with the student the following day or deposited via SchoolCafé.

    Students must have money in their account to purchase a la carte items (including milk) or a second lunch.

    Balances Owed

    Notices will be sent home weekly if your student has an outstanding balance. If families need assistance in paying outstanding balances, they should contact Nutrition Services at 847-963-3929 to discuss alternative payment arrangements.

    All charges not paid before the end of the school year will be carried forward into the next school year.

    All graduating students must pay all charges in full.


    Any student who is withdrawn due to moving out of the district or graduating is entitled to a refund of any money remaining in their account by submitting a written or email request or by a phone call to School Nutrition Services at 847-963-3928. 

    If there are any remaining siblings in the district after a student has graduated, any remaining funds can be transferred to a sibling by submitting a written or email request to Heidi Mals, Nutrition Services secretary,, or phone 847-963-3930.

    Should you have any questions about these procedures, please contact Tina Woods, School Nutrition Services at 847-963-3928 or email