2015-16 BOE Annual Goals
Superintendent Scott Thompson, Ed.D., presented the Board with a draft of the 2015-16 Annual Board Goals for its consideration at the August 12, 2015, Board meeting. The five main goals outlined within this plan were developed in accordance with the five-year Strategic Goal Map approved by the Board in the fall 2011, and have remained consistent since that time. They are as follows:
- Improve Student Achievement: Examine and align the comprehensive curriculum to include the Common Core Standards to meet student growth targets and the diverse needs of all students.
- Learning & Organizational Development: Enhance D15 schools as places creating successful young people who are knowledgeable, emotionally and physically healthy, motivated, civically inspired, engaged in the arts, prepared for work and economic self-sufficiency, and ready for the world.
- Effective Instructional Environments: Ensure safe, inclusive, and positive learning environments that encourage respect, foster collaboration, and support equity.
- Stakeholder Involvement: Increase strategic communication initiatives that allow every stakeholder voice to be heard, making them active participants in our organization.
- Resource Stewardship: Ensure the District remains fiscally responsible while maintaining quality educational programs and facilities for our students.
Specific actions outlined beneath each of these main goals are updated each year following the Board's annual self-evaluation with an Illinois Association of School Boards representative in the spring, and the Board-Administration Retreat held every summer. The Board initially reviewed those action items during the meeting, and individual Board members provided their suggested revisions and/or additions, which the Administration incorporated into a revised proposal.
The 2015-16 Annual Board Goals posted below were available for public review and feedback prior to the Board's meeting on September 9, 2015, at which time the Board voted and approved the goals.