Welcome to the Board of Education
Function of the Board of Education
The main function of the Board of Education is to adopt goals and policies that meet state requirements and reflect community needs. The Board carries out this function by:
- Hiring and evaluating the Superintendent of Schools.
- Authorizing employment of staff members and setting salaries.
- Setting educational standards and goals and monitoring district performance.
- Authorizing curriculum development and revision.
- Adopting and monitoring a budget sufficient to carry out district goals.
- Establishing districtwide policies.
Board of Education
Lisa Szczupaj, President
Frank J. Annerino, Vice President
Anthony Wang, Secretary
Superintendent of Schools
Laurie Heinz, Ed.D.
November 25, 2019
November 26, 2019
November 28, 2019