Illinois Science Assessment (ISA)
In compliance with federal testing requirements, Illinois will administer a science assessment to students enrolled in a public school district in Grades 5, 8, and once at the high school level. The high school assessment utilizes a course-based model with content aligned to Biology I. The assessment will be administered in an online format and is aligned to the Illinois Learning Standards for Science incorporating the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), which were adopted in 2014.
Additional Resources for Parents:
- Frequently-Asked Questions (Updated 1/2/2018)
- Fact Sheet: Illinois Learning Standards in Science (2/16)
- Similarities Between 1997 ILS and 2014 ILS (NGSS) (2/16)
- Differences Between 1997 ILS and 2014 ILS (NGSS) (6/16)
- ISA Accessibility Features (2/16)
- Illinois Learning Standards for Science incorporating the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- How to Read the NGSS
- Framework for K-12 Science Education
Targeted Grade levels: 5th and 8th Grades.
Test window: April 8-12, 2019