Pesticide Application Procedures
Public schools must notify parents/guardians and school employees at least 48 hours prior to any pesticide applications on school property. The term pesticide includes insecticides, herbicides, rodenticides and fungicides. The notification requirement extends to both indoor and outdoor pesticide applications.
Excluded from the notification requirement are antimicrobial agents (such as disinfectants, sanitizers or deodorizers), insecticide baits and rodenticide baits.
District 15 does practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM), a program that combines preventive techniques, non-chemical pest control methods, and the appropriate use of pesticides with a preference for products that are the least harmful to human health and the environment.
Any questions regarding the District's pest management practices may be directed to the Chief School Business Official at 847-963-3032.
District 15 follows state and federal regulations that require notice two business days prior to any pesticide application in a school. In the event pesticide use is required, District 15 will provide the appropriate notification to parents. If there is an immediate threat to health or property that requires treatment before notification can be sent out, notification will be sent as soon as possible.
August 10, 2022
Notice of Herbicide Application
On Friday, August 12 & Monday, August 15, 2022, a herbicide treatment will be applied to all District 15 school parking lots, playground blacktops, walkways, and curb lines using the Broad Spectrum Nonselective Postemergence Herbicide by Cheetah Pro.If you have any questions, please contact Scott Strik, D15 Facilities & Operations, 847-963-3954.
10 de agosto de 2022
Aviso de Aplicación de Herbicida
El Viernes 12 de agosto y el lunes 15 de agosto de 2022, se aplicará un tratamiento herbicida a todos los estacionamientos de las escuelas del Distrito 15, a las superficies negras de los patios de recreo, a los senderos y a las líneas de los bordes de las aceras, utilizando el a herbicide treatment will be applied to all District 15 school parking lots, playground blacktops, walkways, and curb lines using the Herbicida de Postemergencia no Selectivo Amplio Espectro de Cheetah Pro.
Notice of Fertilizer Application
On Monday, June 6, 2022, the Palatine Park District will be applying Spready EC Grow fertilizer to the grassy areas to encourage healthy growth at the following schools:
- Gray M. Sanborn, 101 N. Oak Street, Palatine
- Hunting Ridge, 1105 W. Illinois Ave, Palatine
- Jane Addams, 1020 E. Sayles Drive, Palatine
- Lake Louise, 500 N. Jonathan Drive, Palatine
- Lincoln, 1021 N. Ridgewood Lane, Palatine
- Marion Jordan, 100 N. Harrison Ave, Palatine
- Pleasant Hill, 434 W. Illinois Ave, Palatine
- Stuart R. Paddock, 225 W. Washington St, Palatine
- Virginia Lake, 925 N. Glenn Dr, Palatine
- Winston Campus, 900 E. Palatine Rd, Palatine
- Plum Grove Junior High, 2600 Plum Grove Rd, Rolling Meadows
- Walter R. Sundling Junior High, 1100 N. Smith Street, Palatine
- Winston Campus Junior High, 120 N. Babcock Dr, Palatine