Student Fees: Textbook Rental / Material / Technology Fees
School District 15 charges a book rental, material, and technology fee to defray costs. If you are new to the district, fees are payable at the time of enrollment. During the summer, annual enrollment, including payment of fees for the coming school year, is conducted by mail. Students who enroll late may pay the fees in the school office when they register. See Student Fees summary document for all fees. See below for more information regarding student fee payment procedures.
District 15 student fees are:
2019-20 School Year
(book/material fees)—$60 per student/year
- Grades 1-6
(book/material/technology fees)—$120 per student/year
- Grades 7-8
(book/material/technology fees)—$135 per student/year
There is a returned check fee of $25 per check. Because all books under this rental plan are the property of the Board of Education, the cost for replacement of lost or damaged books is the responsibility of the student.
Other fees collected from students include any additional PE clothes (the one-time fee of $12 is now included in the annual book/material/technology fee. Students will pay $12 for any additional PE clothes) and graduation gown rental (Grade 8). Other fees are optional. They include interscholastic sports ($85/sport/year or $175 maximum/student/year, nonrefundable), instrument rental (Grades 5-8), and/or regular bus fees for students living less than 1½ miles from school (see Transportation Department below). There is no charge for the activity bus.
Payment of Student Fees (Book/Material/Technology Fees and Foundation donations)
- Cash payments should be made by the parent in the office of the child's attendance school, where a payment receipt will be issued.
- Check payments are processed through the check processing center of the district's bank and should be mailed to Community Consolidated School District 15, 580 N. 1st Bank Drive, Palatine IL 60067-8110.
- Credit card payments may also be submitted by going to http://ccsd15.revtrak.net. You will need your Parent Portal email address and a valid credit card number. If you need assistance with your Parent Portal email address, please call your child’s school for assistance. Parents who do not have Internet access may come to the District 15 office at 580 N. 1 st Bank Dr., Palatine, to process their credit card payments. See below for more information about RevTrak.
As a convenience to parents, District 15 now provides the simplicity of online payment of student fees and related charges (book/material/technology fees, Foundation donations, PIP tuition, Chromebook insurance, and transportation fees). It's easy—all you need is a valid credit card and your Parent Portal email address.
Visit http://ccsd15.revtrak.net or click on the logo (left) to get started.
We hope you find the Web Store helpful.
Students eligible for the free or reduced-price lunch program qualify for the fee waiver, as do students whose parent(s)/guardian(s) are on active military duty or deployment. Fees will be waived at the time of approve of the free or reduced-price lunch application. No additional application is required.
If the student does not qualify for free or reduced-price lunch, the parent may submit an Application for Fee Waiver (English / Spanish). A detailed explanation of family circumstances and documentation is required. Factors that are considered include:
- illness in the family;
- unusual expenses resulting from circumstances such as fire, flood, or storm damage;
- seasonal employment; or
- other emergency situations.
Students eligible under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act will have fees waived. Please contact Alicia Corrigan at 847-963-3152 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about or believe that your family may qualify for services under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act.