Function of the Board of Education
The main function of the Board of Education is to adopt goals and policies that meet state requirements and reflect community needs. The Board carries out this function by:
- Hiring and evaluating the Superintendent of Schools.
- Authorizing employment of staff members and setting salaries.
- Setting educational standards and goals and monitoring district performance.
- Authorizing curriculum development and revision.
- Adopting and monitoring a budget sufficient to carry out district goals.
- Establishing districtwide policies.